Thursday, December 31, 2015

Pittsburgh Pennsylvania - Perfect Place for Holidays

Pittsburgh Pennsylvania - Perfect Place for Holidays 
========================================
December 2013 

We drove from Chicago to Cleveland to visit my younger brother and his family for Holiday, and the day after Christmas, he proposed we go to Pittsburgh to spend the rest of the Holidays in Steel City and I thought it was a great idea. We ended up having a fabulous time there.

1. Wyndham Grand
You need a luxurious hotel right in Pittsburgh downtown to get you in the right mood for Holidays and to start things off in a new city. A corner suite on the 10th floor with a sweeping view of North Shore would not hurt. I have to admit I would have never stayed at Wyndham if my brother had not paid for the room. He can afford it and I can't and I try to get by cheap.


2. Pittsburgh Steelers
Attending Pittsburgh Steelers game is a religious experience I was told by my brother. He had bought the tickets in advance for himself, his wife and his kids to watch his hometown NFL team Cleveland browns play Steelers in Pittsburgh. I didn't want to pay steep premium on the last minute tickets but I still wanted to get some pre-game action and see the diehard fans of Steelers. So we walked my brother and gang to the Steelers stadium at Heinz Field. We had to hop on a metro train and we got off at Allegheny stop and the stadium was right by the station. While my brother and his family were causing some ruckus at the football game we went to go see where Primanti's was located. Speaking of which..


3. Primanti Brothers
It is a local institution that was featured on pretty much every food show on TV and had to try their world famous Pastrami sandwich while we were here. So we had our dinner there that night. How was the sandwich? It was underwhelming and not as great as it was professed to be but it was still pretty good I might add. The locals swear by this place and the ambiance inside was awesome. The staff were friendly and their service was amazing.


4. Downtown 
The following day we went for a walk around the beautiful downtown. The temperature got frigid by the minute and kids could not cope with the weather and as we turned around to go back to hotel, the snow flakes started falling. We officially kicked off the snow season in "The Golden Triangle." I guess we brought Chicago weather with us.









                                     






No comments:

Post a Comment